One-on-one executive coaching is a focused way to meet the training and development needs of an organization's executives. Short, targeted sessions make the most effective use of an executive's valuable time.
Our Japan Branch staff has experienced and credentialed coaches who can conduct coaching in either English or Japanese, in Tokyo, Kansai, Hiroshima and Fukuoka.
The content of coaching sessions is determined by the specific needs and interests of the executive. They may include:
- Strengthening leadership and management skills
- Improving feedback and communication techniques
- Honing techniques for coaching, counseling, and assessing subordinates
- Polishing presentation and oral communication skills
- Developing strategies for handling sensitive cross-cultural and interpersonal situations
- Sharpening written communication techniques
- Time management
- Clarifying organizational goals and the most appropriate methods for achieving them
Our coaches have worked with both Japanese and non-Japanese executives in industries ranging from financial services to automobiles to cosmetics, in both Japanese and foreign-affiliated firms.
We have also worked with executives who were in danger of having their expatriate assignment cut short.
By helping them change behaviors and improve their performance, they were able to continue their assignments.
Coachees have expressed great satisfaction with the encouragement and the assistance in action planning provided by our coaches.